Sunday, January 03, 2010

MOVIE UPDATES

We haven't seen too many movies yet, but here's the rundown so far: 

  • "Men Who Stare At Goats" - yes it's goofy and weird, so of course I liked it - a lot.  I'm not one of those women who thinks George Clooney is the sexiest man alive - although I do think he's handsome - but I like him just as much in goofy movies as I do in serious ones. 
  • "Invictus" - Has Morgan Freeman EVER been in a movie that wasn't great?  This is a great story!
  • "Sherlock Holmes" - my sister, daughter and I went to see this movie on my birthday, and were all really hoping it was good.  Alas, we were all disappointed. 
  • "Public Enemy" - My daughter and I watched this one just for Johnny Depp, and now we understand why it didn't do well at the box office. 
Still on the list:  "Up In The Air", "Nine", "Avatar" and hopefully more. 

The weather in Louisville is preparing to take a nosedive, so perhaps we'll make a visit to Blockbuster and rent a few of the ones we've missed along the way.  Suggestions? 

10 Comments :

At 1/04/2010 09:49:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My suggestion would be something light, sunny and funny, as an antidote to the incoming bad weather . Try "500 Days of Summer".

 
At 1/04/2010 12:47:00 PM , Blogger UmbriaLovers said...

Hi Art and Barb. Nice blog, we haven't found you until now. We are from Umbria and we have a blog as well http://umbrialoversblog.blogspot.com

We've just subscribed to your blog, looking forward to your posts!

 
At 1/04/2010 10:54:00 PM , Blogger Rosemary said...

I also liked "Nine" - mostly because of all the fabulous dance numbers - those women can really sing and the choreography and photography of those scenes just knocked me out.

 
At 1/05/2010 04:19:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love, love, love the movie UP. Rent that one.

That said, if you decide to venture out to the theatre, check out The Blind Side. Great movie. Disney's Frog Prince is also wonderful. Avitar--not so good unless you like a mixture of Star Wars, Star Treck, Dances with Wolves and Patton. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs has the same 3-D effects and it is much easier on the eyes.

 
At 1/05/2010 08:33:00 AM , Anonymous Lil said...

"Young at Heart" - it's a wonderful, heartwarming film.

"Startrek" - if you were a fan - you'd really enjoy this one.

"Julie & Julia".

"Grand Torino" - Clint Eastwood film.

 
At 1/06/2010 08:41:00 AM , Blogger jmisgro said...

Oh, I am so bummed about Sherlock Holmes!!! But now I know not to buy it on DVD when ever it comes out!
Have fun in the US!

 
At 1/13/2010 06:52:00 AM , Blogger Lady Cicada Travels said...

Hi Barb. Have been visiting your blog for years. Love your stories. Please see the "Blind Side" A+++ Are you returning soon to Italy?

 
At 1/13/2010 10:16:00 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

We'll be back in Italy on the 22nd!!! thanks for the recommendation!

 
At 1/20/2010 08:01:00 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I liked Nine for the celebrity status (esp. Sophia Loren), and that it was in Italy, but ... I can't believe I was so underwhelmed by all of it. Clothes were great, cinematography and sound track pretty good, but with all of the hype, I just expected more.

Love your blog!
Lisa
Denver, Colorado

p.s. I'm coming to Italy for 20 days in June. Including Umbria for sure!

 
At 1/20/2010 08:02:00 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

p.s.s. We too loved, loved LOVED "UP". What a feel good movie.

Lisa
Denver, Colorado

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home