Saturday, November 08, 2008

THE NEW OIL 2008

Last week we visited the CIPOLLONI frantoio to sample the new oil. CIPOLLONI is located outside of Foligno, and initially I was worried that their oil wouldn't be the spicy mix of moraiolo and other olives we like so much. The man who was our guide immediately put my mind at ease by telling me they used 80-90% moraiolo, so I knew we'd like their oil!

Although we've seen the process many times before, it's still fun to see the olives go in one end of the building and eventually come out as oil at the other! This oil was so green....and delicious!

Olive Oil_7325


More pictures on OUR FLICKR PAGE.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments :

At 11/08/2008 03:08:00 AM , Blogger squisItaly said...

Yum, Barbara. We haven't bought any yet and the frantoio is right down the street. What are we waiting for?!
Off to look at your flickr photos.

 
At 11/08/2008 01:04:00 PM , Blogger Jane said...

Oh Barb, I do want some! It is so green and beautiful. Do they ship?
Oh--this is me, not Casey.
Jane

 
At 11/08/2008 01:28:00 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

Jane, I don't know but I can find out if you're serious! the have the 'normal' DOP blend of 80% moraiolo with the remaining 20% being frantoi and some other variety....and they also have the super spicy 100% moraiolo...our personal favorite!

 
At 11/08/2008 02:56:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Do they ship? Yummy! I miss the olive oil, and the espresso, and the Lemoncello, and the lemons, and the fresh vegetables at market, and the pasteurized cheese, and the desserts, and the grappa, and....oh I lost myself for a moment! Love your site; have you on favorites and read you all the time. Come and visit me. I'm the Italian/American who lives through blogs like you until one day I, too, can move there. A presto!

 
At 11/08/2008 03:08:00 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

I do know that Gaudenzi (www.oliodopgaudenzi.it) ships, and people on the ST site get oil shipped from Le Case Gialle. It's probably not as spicy - but it'll be fresh. Do a search on ST, or contact Gaudenzi for more info.

 
At 11/08/2008 04:22:00 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

And I guess I should have said if you click on the link for Cipolloni you'll see that they DO ship too!

 
At 11/12/2008 05:16:00 PM , Blogger Kathy McCabe, DreamofItaly.com said...

You have the best pictures Barb! Can't wait to look at more. I bought some of that so very green, new olive oil at Cipollini and have been using it on my food ever since. Delicious!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home