Tuesday, November 03, 2009

FALL COLOR AT LAST!

I know I post about this every fall, but I really miss the fall colors of the sugar maples!  Yes, here the chestnut trees turn a beautiful bright yellow and the sumacs turn red, but these colors are just scattered in between the green of the pines and cypress and the browns of the oaks, and the effect just isn't the same.  While taking a Sunday drive, I recently spotted this stand of trees - I think they were nut trees- and the reminded me of how beautiful fall can be!



Trees_003




Trees_001

1 Comments :

At 11/04/2009 11:00:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

If you go to Montefalco and around that area, check out the turning leaves on the Sagrantino grapevines. It is stunning to see hills and valleys filled with rows of the fallleaves. The Sagrantinos turn have such incredible fall foliage. Once again, we are so sorry we did not get to meet you and Art but we will be back in the Spring and you two are on "the Not To Be Missed" list!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home