Monday, October 12, 2009

ANOTHER DAY IN DERUTA AND MORE CERAMIC GUITARS

DerutaTaverna del Gusto_023We visited Deruta again, this time with our friend Nedra.  Because it was Monday, the restaurant we liked on our last visit was closed, but as luck would have it, we discovered a restaurant up in the centro.  I don't know if we've never been in the centro at the right time, if I've just missed the sign, or if the restaurant and/or the sign are new!  Anyway, we took a look at the menu, decided that it looked interesting, and stayed for lunch!

DerutaTaverna del Gusto_ 027
After a very enjoyable lunch, we wandered around the centro, stopping in various shops and looking down the quaint, narrow streets.  When we'd been in Deruta in August we were anxious to check out the ceramic guitar our friend Adam had told us about.  On our previous visit we found the shop with the guitar, but it was closed so all we got was a look through the window.  This time the shop was open, so we were able to look at several of the ceramic guitars.  I was surprised when I saw that the backs of the guitars were as elaborately decorated as the fronts!



Deruta Ceramic Guitar_  018


As an extra special treat the owner treated us with a sample of how the guitar sounds.  He told us that because it's hollow inside it's not as heavy as you would think.  He also told us that he has a patent pending for these ceramic guitars. 

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments :

At 10/12/2009 10:19:00 AM , Blogger Ciao Chow Linda said...

That ceramic guitar is too cool! Thanks for providing the video so I could hear it too. I go a little ga-ga every time I'm in Deruta. My house is starting to look like a ceramics shop.

 
At 10/12/2009 10:24:00 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

Yep, totally cool1 I too love Deruta, and it's only the lack of money, combined with a lack of space that keeps me from indulging every time I'm there!

 
At 10/13/2009 06:05:00 AM , Blogger Rosemary said...

really cool guitar! I loved Deruta's centro too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home