Monday, October 05, 2009

SANDRI'S IN PERUGIA

Anyone who's been to Perugia has no doubt visited Sandri's the famous pasticceria, known as much for it's beautiful interior as for it's beautiful desserts. Also featured are "Torciglione" snake-shaped bread, based on snakes that supposedly live in Lake Tresimeno.

With EUROCHOCOLATE scheduled to begin on October 16th, the window at Sandri's won't be the only place you can drool over some sweet treets in Perugia! 




Perugia - Sandri's_ 001





Perugia - Sandri's - Torciglione

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments :

At 10/05/2009 09:33:00 PM , Blogger Karen Riedel said...

Isn't it funny how each town or city has its own pastry traditions? Bologna's pasticcerie always featured torta di riso, which I love. I assumed it was fairly common, but when I took one to my writers' group in Parma, no one had ever heard of it, and many had lived in Italy for more than 30 years.

 
At 10/06/2009 08:54:00 AM , Blogger Rosemary said...

We always stopped to admire the beautiful windows of Sandri's! Their pastries were always designed to match whatever was going on in Perugia at the time. I agree with you Barbara - beautiful inside and out. And fun to sit outside an people watch!

 
At 2/09/2012 01:06:00 PM , Anonymous Fiona C said...

It is such a pleasant thing to look at your diary and I am reviving my memories with your pictures. I am trying so hard to find the name of the chocolate cake with cream filling sold in Sandri. Do you happen to know?

 
At 2/09/2012 02:02:00 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

sorry Fiona but I don't know what those cakes are called - besides delicious!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home